TechSpot

Having problems installing webcam drivers.

By kickzie
Aug 26, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hello dudes! im kickzie and im a new member of this site.. i really need help because of this web cam of mine the brand is "e kes" and i think this is a generic web cam i dont know what is the manufacturer.. when ever i plug it to usb port my OS always detects "CIF Single Chip" but i do have a driver for this cam but still "when i ever install it i recieved error message like this "problem during installation this may not work properly" something like that.but i already install the driver... guys i think may be my cd rom coz my cd rom is shared in the network and i install driver through network .. pls i really need your help guy please... email me ... kickzie_15@yahoo.com

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Try this.

Unplug the webcam and reboot your computer.

Insert the driver cd into your cd-rom drive and install the drivers. Only connect the webcam after the drivers have been installed, or when prompted to do so.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Edit: I have deleted your other thread on this subject. Please don`t start any more threads for this. Thanks.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.