Having problems with ATI Radeon x600 Pro Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a soltek 915G Pro FGR motherboard, 512 mb ram, and a 2.93 GhZ processor. I am running Windows XP Pro SP2. I recently purchased a PCI Express ATI Radeon x600Pro graphics card with 256 mb RAM. If I disable the onboard video card in bios, I have to enable pallette snooping so that my screen doesn't go black. No matter what I do, though, as soon as windows begins to load, whether in normal or safe mode, the computer restarts. Sometimes I get a brief message on my monitor, I'm not talking about the BSOD, but a monitor message that says (I think) "frequency overcharge". I've tried every configuration I can think of, including removing my other devices and trying to install the video card by itself, but nothing works. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Have you try to install the driver before install the video card? or install the driver in safe mode?

I eventually got this piece of crap to work by reinstalling windows with the video card in. I was never able to get the video card to install after-the-fact. Earlier this year I upgraded a bunch of equipment, including the video card. I couldn't get that one to work without reinstalling windows either. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back