TechSpot

Having problems with ATI Radeon x600 Pro Graphics Card

By megamawax
Jan 8, 2006
  1. I have a soltek 915G Pro FGR motherboard, 512 mb ram, and a 2.93 GhZ processor. I am running Windows XP Pro SP2. I recently purchased a PCI Express ATI Radeon x600Pro graphics card with 256 mb RAM. If I disable the onboard video card in bios, I have to enable pallette snooping so that my screen doesn't go black. No matter what I do, though, as soon as windows begins to load, whether in normal or safe mode, the computer restarts. Sometimes I get a brief message on my monitor, I'm not talking about the BSOD, but a monitor message that says (I think) "frequency overcharge". I've tried every configuration I can think of, including removing my other devices and trying to install the video card by itself, but nothing works. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

2. hondas

hondas TS Rookie

Have you try to install the driver before install the video card? or install the driver in safe mode?

3. megamawax

megamawax TS Rookie Topic Starter

I eventually got this piece of crap to work by reinstalling windows with the video card in. I was never able to get the video card to install after-the-fact. Earlier this year I upgraded a bunch of equipment, including the video card. I couldn't get that one to work without reinstalling windows either. Oh well.

4. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,638

well congratulations!

5. Acclamator

Acclamator TS Rookie Posts: 295

That's neat, I liked how you came back to the forums almost three years later to update your thread.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.