Having problems with my new pc when playing most games. please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adambloor

My pc restarts itself when playing most games. please help!

When playing on Call of Duty or running 3DMark 05 my computer restarts itself. please help. This has only been happening since I have bourght a new computer so could it be the drivers for my graphics card. would be great if someone could help me.

I wasnt sure whether I needed to put my pc spec but I did just incase:

Intel pentium 4 3.4 with hyper threading technology
550w power supply
Saphire ATI Radeon X700 PCI e pro graphics card
Asus 4 in 1 ice cooling fan
120gig SATA western digital hard drive
2x512mb vitesta DDR2 533 memory

chief barker

When you say 'computer restarts itself' What exactly do you mean?.

Does it crash to desktop?
Or the p.c. switches itself off then restarts?

Also which driver are you running?

Check the A.T.I website.......the new 4.12 driver was released today!!!!

Its All Good!!

My computer just goes to a black screen then the boot up screen appears. I will download the 4.12 driver and see how that does. Thanks for your help.

Adam

Its All Good!!

I would of done mate but i got a virus yesterday which was in an ANTI VIRUS key generater which I thought was abit sneakey. :suspiciou lol. So far I havent even played a game since but as soon as I do I will inform you on the progress. I will run the game with ATI's new 4.12 catalyst and the newest windows updates out.

cheers Adam

Its All Good!!

Bad news mate. Installed all new divers for windows (Critical ones) and also installed ATI's new 4.12 Catalyst and it still restarts me computer. Can you specify what your problem is because there might be a link between whats happening with mine and yours. Would be very greatful if someone could help me with this. feels like I have tried everything poosible. lol

Cheers Adam

Try this...

Hi adam,

Start your p.c. up, dont run any games or other applications.

Then click on start>control panel>admin tools>event viewer.Select applications on left of window RIGHT CLICK ON ANY WARNING OR ERROR MESSAGES and select properties, which will tell you what went wrong (hopefully). :knock:

Post back as soon as you've done this.

A.T.B.

Jason

Its All Good!!

Still Nothing theres loads for other things that went wrong like when I tried to put some information on a DVD It wouldnt work through my back up program so I had a CD ROM error but thats mainly it. There isnt any for the times when my computer crashed so im still stook. lol.

Isnt technology great! :confused:

What about you was happening about your computer.

Cheers Adam

My Probs..

Firstly the p.c. is running fine.

But when i'm playing games the motherboard beeps 2 times (This is unresolved at the moment). It does'nt do it all the time, Which makes me think it's heat related. :hotbounce

The other question i had was about dual channel... but that's sorted now!! ;)

It sounds like your p.c. is either a graphics card problem or it's the power supply (i'm only guessing here). Have you connected a power supply to the graphics card?

Did you buy the computer from a manufacturer. If so then get them so fix it.

A.T.B.

J.

Its All Good!!

My graphics card takes the power from the motherboard and it is the second graphics card I have bourght which is resulting in the same probloem. The last one I had was a MSI Radeon RX600 PCI e 128mb and my computer was still having the same problem. I have a 550w PSU but the make is not well known so im not to sure on it. I have recently purchased some new memory aswell due to it being xmas :grinthumb and because they have led's on them. lol :giddy:

My problem usually occurs when there is alot of graphics involved like when I get shot by a tank on Call Of Duty UO, because of all the dust and smoke my computer restarts. On my old computer I had a geforce graphics card and there was no problem but my cousin has had an ATI for along time know and the problem started happening about the same time as mine. strange mate.

Still cant understand what it could be, my cousin doesnt have the internet at his Dads house so he hasnt updated any of his drivers or windows updates and the problem still occured.

Do you have msn it might be easier to talk through that than on a forum. not saying stop talking on the forum but might be easier to discuss.

Cheers Adam

Its All Good!!

I think I may have the answer mate. somehow I think all this could lead down to my cpu and graphics card getting too warm. I have a hardware monitor program that came with my motherboard and everytime I play call of uty UO its around 45 degrees and instead of the colour of the writing being green its on red. so I tried playing on Call of duty with my CPU fan on the highest it will go and I played for about an hour and quit the game myself.

Its probably just a coincidence. lol. but atleast I got to play my game without it restarting. :grinthumb

see what you can do mate. Try downloading a hardware monitor or motherboard monitor and see what your temps are.

Cheers Adam

Its All Good!!

My new memory came today mate and so far so good so I dont think it was the overheating problem :blush: but it could be because the memory was faulty. lol. What kind is your memory??

Cheers Adam :grinthumb

this happened to me several times when i first built my comp... does it happen in all games or just CoD? If only CoD, idk but if it happens in all games it is because the heatsink on your CPU is loose/not working properly. Take off the heatsink fan and reseat it making sure it is on really tight and that the fan has proper airflow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back