Having to Re-activate XP almost everytime I boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darminato

Here's the problem:

Almost every time I boot up my machine, I end up having to re-activate it. This is getting very annoying, though it only takes 5 minutes on the phone. I haven't changed my hardware in over 9 months and no major changes are being made to the software. Here are the specs:

-Pentium III 800Mhz
-256 MB of RAM, though one stick is being read as 128 because the board doesn't support 256 sticks.
-Soyo SY-6BA+100
-Nvidia GeForce 2 MX 400
-Sound Blaster 512

I know, it's not a beefy machine, but hey, it runs Serious Sam. :D

Any noticable software on the machine would be Microsoft Visual C++ and Visual Basic. No Office or anything.

I have no idea what could be causing this problem and it's giving me a huge headache. Thank you for your time. :)

-Aaron

Well, I checked out your links to Microsoft and both of them don't really apply to me for this situation. I read over them for anything that might be useful, but nothing stood out. I thought about your Bios update idea, but I checked the Soyo website, and apparently my motherboard is "Obsolete" (duh....). Basically, I'm thinking that this is something I'm just gonna have to deal with until I upgrade my board and processor, which hopefully will be soon. Thank you for your advice, though, it was much appreciated. :)

-Aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back