Having to Re-activate XP almost everytime I boot up

By Darminato
Apr 1, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Here's the problem:

Almost every time I boot up my machine, I end up having to re-activate it. This is getting very annoying, though it only takes 5 minutes on the phone. I haven't changed my hardware in over 9 months and no major changes are being made to the software. Here are the specs:

-Pentium III 800Mhz
    -256 MB of RAM, though one stick is being read as 128 because the board doesn't support 256 sticks.
    -Soyo SY-6BA+100
    -Nvidia GeForce 2 MX 400
    -Sound Blaster 512

I know, it's not a beefy machine, but hey, it runs Serious Sam. :D

Any noticable software on the machine would be Microsoft Visual C++ and Visual Basic. No Office or anything.

I have no idea what could be causing this problem and it's giving me a huge headache. Thank you for your time. :)

-Aaron
  2. svtcobra

svtcobra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 875

3. Darminato

Darminato Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 21

Well, I checked out your links to Microsoft and both of them don't really apply to me for this situation. I read over them for anything that might be useful, but nothing stood out. I thought about your Bios update idea, but I checked the Soyo website, and apparently my motherboard is "Obsolete" (duh....). Basically, I'm thinking that this is something I'm just gonna have to deal with until I upgrade my board and processor, which hopefully will be soon. Thank you for your advice, though, it was much appreciated. :)

-Aaron
  4. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

Maybe it's because of that memory stick?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.