Having Trouble Finding Device Drivers!!

• Thread starter Deleted member 93699
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 93699

Can anyone please help. I have searched and searched the internet for audio drivers for my friends HP Pavilion zx5000 notebook (yes he's one of those people who didn't keep his system restore disk). I have successfully been able to locate and install all but the audio drivers from HPs website. They don't seem to have the audio drivers posted for this model, or a few other models for the matter. I am asking if anyone can help locate the needed drivers from a third party sight or if anyone knows a location that would have them I would be greatful. Thanks.

Hi

Use belarc advisor from here to identify what audio chip you have, then go to the manufacturers and find the driver.

Regards

Hi Ididmyc600... First, thanks for the reply. I found that advisor tool pretty useful except for the fact that it didn't detect the audio device for it doesn't have drivers installed. But it did give me a serial number which i input at the manufacturers website. Which pointed me to Conexant AC-Link Audio drivers. Which i then downloaded and attempted to install. But i have been resulting in failure everytime. I've even tried to manually install through the location of the .inf file through device manager. Im not new to installing drivers. I was able to find Conexant in the WDM list and attempted to use them but it said it was incompatible so i tried anyway and it said device unable to start. Since then I've removed the WDM drivers and located a more updated version of the drivers and still when i attempt to install any way possible, it still results in failure. I am hoping I am just overlooking something. Or maybe i have the wrong audio chipset. I know i could find out what exactly by taking the laptop apart and looking at the chips on the board. Usualy leads to more exact than software detection. But is a risky process of damaging the notebook. If you or others have any idea what i could do. Please, help. Thanks again.

Hi

Only option is to download the boot disk called,,,ummm hang on its on the tip of my tongue, dam whats it called, it oh yeah Hirens Boot CD, it boots your PC and has a load of tools on it, one of them can identify every item on the mobo, oh hang on it might be techiez toolkit CD that does that, one of them does it i'm sure.... worth a try, either that or its stripping time...

Regards

Thanks man, looks promising, I'll give it a try as soon as I get my hands on one of those boot cd's

Hey man,

Thanks a lot, I finally got the sound to work. Got a hold of a copy of the Hirens BootCD, and found out the true make of the sound device. Downloaded a later version, tried running the setup but it didn't work right a way. So I updated the driver manually using the .inf file through the device manager. Works great now and am Thrilled. Thanks for the support. Keep up the good work, and keep living the dream :)

Thanks again.
regards

]{nIgh7]{cawl3r said:
Hey man,

Thanks a lot, I finally got the sound to work. Got a hold of a copy of the Hirens BootCD, and found out the true make of the sound device. Downloaded a later version, tried running the setup but it didn't work right a way. So I updated the driver manually using the .inf file through the device manager. Works great now and am Thrilled. Thanks for the support. Keep up the good work, and keep living the dream :)

Thanks again.
regards

Hi, what was the "true make of the sound device" and where did you get the device from? I also have a HP Pavilion zx5000 and I can't find the audio driver. I tried reading about that Hiren's boodcd online but i'm not too great with computers and don't think I could figure out how that would work.

If anyone else could help me it would be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back