Having trouble installing cs on XP - "i/o errors"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey people i'm having trouble with my computer
the specs are.
p4 2.8
512ram
wd 80gig hd
P4R800-VM (this is where i think the problem is).
Well ive read some posts and ive already tried some things, such as, changing ram, chaning dma to pio, changed hd, cd , formatted - YET the problem is not fixed.. I try to install Steam-Counterstrike, and it comes up with this error "An i/o error occurred while installing a file.
This is normally caused by bad installation media or corrupt installation file"
Now i'm pretty sure that this motherboard has something to do with it but can i please confirm it with some people, or has anyone got any ideas for me thanks!
ps - quake3 installed with no problems... but cs and others wont! ARG!

i/o error while installing CS

Hi everyone i am having the sam problem while trying to install counterstrike-condition zero...it is about half way through the instalation and the message "An i/o error occurred while installing a file.
This is normally caused by bad installation media or corrupt installation file"
i have tryied several things, like changing cd player, copying the piles onto my computer and the install it from there... howeverr everytime it gets stuck at the same place and i can't explain it.

PLEASE HELP!!!!
I REALY WANNA PLAY THAT GAME!!!

i'll start the ball rolling wiht the most obvious question
check the cd for scratch/damage/dirt first
use scandisk or something to see if there is any bad sectors
go to counterstrike website/steam website and see if they have the solution or knowledge about it
post us your results

Hi i have checked the cd for scratches or dirt, even though it is brand new...
i tried to use scan disk but could not find such a thing...
I have checked on the several websites valve, the producers, cs condition zero, and a few others, however none of them seem to have anythings to say about such an error...

hmm.. ok, first go check every hardware for latest drivers for everything including bios, check that you have disabled any active-scaning software in your task bar eg. norton and close any other non-important ones eg msn, quicktime, desktop search etc then try to install again.

do you have access to another computer preferably with the same setup or close to and one with different setup? that way we can try to eliminate hardware incompatibility or problem with the cd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back