having trouble staying connected to the internet?? help

Status
Not open for further replies.

computerkid

ok i just bought all new stuff...I am currently running comcast high speed internet that is connected to my linksys router. Now i have 2 computers one is connected directly to the modem and the other is run wirelessly. The one thats wireless is the one im having the problems with. I have a matching linksys PCI adaptor (54Mbps) (2.4 GHz) into my wireless computer. now when im connected it runs fine but then suddenly i lose connection and when i click on the wirless connection manager and press the "refrsh wireless list" it shows that there is no current wireless router available. But i know there is because i was just on it. So i thought that it was the internet that kept sutting down but its not its just the wireless. now my computer in sitting in a boxed in area on my desk ..is that a problem? and my house has many turns and things could that be the reason why it keeps losing connection? Also i dont know if tyhis is a problem but everytime i press repair wireless near the end of the prcess it stops and an error comes up it says that there is some problem "clearing the DNS cache" i dont know what that is. but it doesnt really matter because its there everytime and sometime it fixes the problem sometime it dosnt. please help i need to fix this.

go to router and disable dhcp
you may be getting error in address updates
make all net static ip
you know the drill do search for proper config of ip address's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back