Having trouble with Lexmark X75 and USB connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im having a problem with this printer and the usb port. Despite the fact that its all properly connected and everything when i try to install it it tells me that theres no connection between the printer and the computer. Ive tried almost everything, i went to the lexmark website and downloaded some driver and that didnt work (i think it was just the same stuff that was on the install cd). I went to that device manager thing and i saw that there was a question mark next to my printer, and just above that it said unknown devices and there was a question mark next to that as well. When i rightclicked on it it would give me the options to delete restore or open, and none of which helped my problem. I checked google and this problem seems to be pretty prevalent. Can someone help me?

Lexmark X75

USB printer connections are kind of particular.

Is this the first time you've installed this printer on this PC?

Did you install the software first before ever attaching the printer? If not, try unplugging the printer from the PC, install the software and then follow the on-screen instructions.

Also, please make a note of the USB port you attach this to and always be sure to reconnect it to that particular USB port if you ever unplug it.

Dennis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back