Having trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxbb1

i am havine lots of trouble finding the parts to build a pc(required lots of gaming), where the total cost is <$1900... i want it to be more like <$1500 without making it 100% crappy...
i'd prefer 512mb-1gig of ram and an AMD cpu with a graphics card that wont suck as soon as its outta the box.

ty. ~.~

It's pretty easy to build a gaming PC for $1,500.
How are you having a hard time finding parts?
Are you experienced with building a PC?

I would agree with JMMD that it is easy to build a good PC under 1500. You can always check places like newegg.com for deals. They run about 10-15 per day, and they are not junk deals. Get in mind what you want and go there every day and when they offer free shipping and cut the price, go for it. I've picked up some pretty sweet deals just by waiting for them. good luck.

yes but first we kinda need to know what country maxbb1 is from... but if he's from US then newegg.com is good.. Aussie if your on the east coast (nsw/sydney, vic/melbourne, queensland/brisbane) then MSY is a good shop, very cheap stuff.. tell us what parts you reckon you want and stuff..

for cheap parts and fast delivery try tigerdirect.com i think they will have all you need. and they might be able to answer all your questions. too.. hope this helps

My two-sense

yes N3051M has a good point, If you're located within US, NEWEGG.COM is your best and should be your ONLY choice, and for tigerdirects.com's sake.. I wouldn't go through them, all I've ever had was [shipping] problems (sorry TD.com)...

as for MSY, I've never tried it (never had to :S)...

but google is a good idea if you like taking risks, there ARE better deals than newegg out there, but when you invest in these you're always taking a risk...

are you a risk-taker? if so, just search google for what you want...
---do you yet have any idea what you're looking for?

im a staticice.com man (australia) but can still only get the price down by like $200 but before i had not factored in a few parts so the price came out to be like $2300... ah well ill keep trying

oo.. static ice.. good site.. :D

lay out your proposed hardware here, and we'll see if we can bring it down a bit for you..

after all.. i once was doing this and i got it around $2000AU with parts i wanted, then brought it to my tech friend (noob at the time), few sacrifices and some cost cutting, few slightly different hardware and got it down to under $1500..

Tigerdirect is not a place to go and heres why. First, their shipping charges are inflated to make up for low prices and others like newegg.com dont do that. Second, and more important, tigerdirect buys up a lot of seconds and a lot of stuff that knowledgeable dont want or wont buy. They pump stuff up as being very good when its not. My one and only deal with tigerdirect before i was advised to stay away from them was when dvd roms first came out. I ordered one from them and got it but it didnt work. They wouldnt take it back! At that time i was advised to check around and see what others had to say about tigerdirect! Avoid Tigerdirect like the plague. I wouldnt put it past them to sell used as new! They buy up a lot of closeouts and seconds, stuff that other companies dont want.

I commented on tigerdirect because you did so i guess you didnt know he was in Australia either, lol.

Either way, I like people to know about them as I have heard so much negative about tigerdirect and had same experience myself.

well what can we say.. life goes on and learn from our mistakes.. sometimes very expensive mistakes...

try looking through ebay (aussie site).. some of those pc shops are dirt cheap.. just very competative.. if you want to try your luck..

if you lived in the sydney area there is a few places i could recomend..
MSY- auburn, city (ultimo)
Fluidtek- carlingford
ARC- parramatta

these are all shop fronts (me dont like ordering stuff off the net.. plus i dont have a credit card yet..) but they have websites as well...

and also jaycar... it (suprisingly) have good stuff in terms of case accessories (fans, heatsinks, ducts), few generic brand and make-it-yourself hardware (by make-it-yourself i mean if your good with the soldering iron and know enough about electronics...) even if generic and DIY kits are risky stuff.. but case accessories still good and safe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back