HBO on my pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a AIW Radeon vid card. I pay for all the cable channels (tho I probably shouldn't). Is there any way to watch HBO etc, on the pc? It looks like I only get channel 2 - 99.

some cable companys require you to have a cable box (do you have one on your regular tv??) and some tv tuners only receive 2-99 or 2-120, check ati's site it will tell you what the card will recive

I do have digital boxes on my TV's. I just wondered if there was some sort of software that would let me go past ch 99. I could pay for another box and just watch it on ch 3, but was looking for a short cut.

Hi,
Current tuners do not perform the function of the descrambler boxes that are metered to allow premium channels.

The way you use an AIW or Tuner card for digital or premium channel use is to simply plug the cable into your cable box, then run the cable box's outputs into the input block that connects to your AIW card.

From here, configure the ATI TV application to use the SVideo or Composite input (whichever method you connected your cable box to the input block) and use your cable box's remote control to flip channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back