TechSpot

HBO puts 'Silicon Valley' series premiere on YouTube, watch it here for free

By Shawn Knight
Apr 7, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. HBO has put the pilot episode of its new comedy Silicon Valley on YouTube. The network's decision to put the episode online likely has a lot to do with the fact that HBO GO crashed during the season premier of...

Read more

2. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

I gotta check this out. I was really curious about it. Too bad I just cancelled my HBO subscription in favor of a Netflix subscription.

wastedkill likes this.
  3. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,260   +223

" The uploader has not made this video available in your country. "

and that is why I have to pirated certain TV Shows (such as the new 'Cosmos' series). When will they ever learn?

Jad Chaar likes this.
  4. misor

misor TS Evangelist Posts: 1,163   +197

and the content creators wonder why people pirate tv shows.
    I agree with @@H3llion... to eliminate piracy, media content should be made available to all the paying public.

pirates will steal goods regardless of price, quality. most consumers tend to buy things they like if made available at no hassle to them. (success of iTunes store and Steam games?)

5. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,260   +223

Certain shows get canceled due to lack of audience when its broadcasted on TV. For instance, Futurama. This show was always showed late on the TV and few days later in certain countries. The show lacked audience and was canceled/not renewed (numerous times). If this show was put up on the Internet, it would have gotten much wider exposure and greater audience.

Seems that the TV Broadcasters are still in the Stone Age...

6. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Yeah they have to learn that content not being available in certain regions is a big reason for piracy. They could easily combat it if they cater to more regions.