Hd does not work as master

Status
Not open for further replies.
hd dose not work as master

my hd isnt working as a master and it dose not work as a slave the only place it registers it is in the bios how do i get the data off it?

We're going to need a little more info. Exactly what is it doing? Do you get any error when you try to boot? Or is this a storage drive? Is the drive detected at POST?

Have you tried checking the cables on the drive?

You can also try booting from a floppy or from CD and see if you can access the drive that way.

In cases like this the problem is usually either a failed drive or a problem with the disk partitioning. As it seems to be recognised by the bios I suspect it to be a partitioning problem, Have you tried one of the free disk checking utilities to test your make of hard disk?

You haven't given us much information. What kind of system do you have? Is this a brand new drive or an old one worked previously? What happened that it no longer worked? What's the size and brand of the drive?

Please give us more info... ANYTHING you can think of that concerns your hard disk or IDE setup will help.

Your particular drive has muliple master settings possible.

Most likely, you have not set your jumpers correctly. Try setting your jumpers for master + non-ata slave, or try cable select. The master setting may not work properly on your system or in conjunction with your existing slave drive.

Have you tried the drive by itself as master on its own IDE channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back