HD Problem with WinXP Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

werty316

Here is the situation, I have a system that was upgraded so the motherboard was chnaged and when I went to boot to WinXP setup/installation the HD was listed as "[unknown]" and not NTFS. It was originally formatted to "FAT32" but then was converted to "NTFS". Could converting it from "FAT32" to "NTFS" without formating the HD have caused this problem? Weird thing is I can view the files but WinXP setup shows the HD as an "[unknown]" partition.

Is there an app that can fix this so WinXP setup recongnizes the HD as "NTFS "and not "[Unknown]"? Formatting would be a last resort as there are files that are needed.

I have "Ultimate BootCD" and "Hiren's BootCD v8.4" but couldn't find an app that can fix this issue.

you could try 3rd part soft
acronis or paragon
try to remount
be careful with a force ntfs file system change could corrupt files
at this point more n portant back up backup
invest in another drive do copy with seagate disc wizard or above mentioned soft
I have not heard of any errors with one time file system change
just can't do mor'n once

Disconnect your hard drives, make sure that the correct one is set on master and the other drive is slave. boot your computer without the drives. turn off , replace the drives check CMOS activate auto reconignition and reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back