TechSpot

HD5770 Black screen Crash

By Rohied
Oct 5, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I play Battlefield 3, Metro2033, The witcher, Far cry 3 and a tons of other games without any problem.

But when I play LoL or WoW, way less demanding games I get a black screen, while the sound continues or a black screen with vertrical stripes with a sound loop or grey screen. I get it daily only with these 2 games.

My setup is in the file Rohied-PC

Also the only difference between those games are the crashing and the non crashing is that the crashing games require internet to play..

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

"Also the only difference between those games are the crashing and the non crashing is that the crashing games require internet to play"... So we know this involves the wired or wireless adapters, depending on how you connect to the Internet to play these games... and your ISP's settings

3. Rohied

Rohied TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 24

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Have you tried connecting this computer to LAN and see if the games play normally?

5. Rohied

I have not tried on Lan, I did however tried an USB Wifi adapter that's not connected to the wireless network adapter and this gave the same results

Also don't really have the opportunity to check it on lan

6. Rohied

Bump, happened again, played 2 hours, screen went black, sound still plays can do everything just the screen thats black.

Tried alt tabbing, ctr alt del etc nothing helps except a hard reset