HDD formatting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi new to this just fixed my pc which broke 3 years ago .
I am going to give it to a relative and wanted to know if i reformat the hard drive will it lose all info on the drivers for motherboard or graphics card,it is running on win 98 se at the moment.I put a different hard drive in but it couldn't find half the stuff on the motherboard.
Is it poss that i could some how save the setup as i no longer have the drivers for anything.
THANKS
DAZ :rolleyes:

Trying to extract the drivers from a WIndows installation is pure madness. Unless you have saved the installation packages of the drivers somewhere on the old disk you are better off downloading new drivers off the internet.

Drivers from years ago or off CDs are evil anyway. Always download the latest ones off the net.

Nodsu said:
Trying to extract the drivers from a WIndows installation is pure madness. Unless you have saved the installation packages of the drivers somewhere on the old disk you are better off downloading new drivers off the internet.

Drivers from years ago or off CDs are evil anyway. Always download the latest ones off the net.

Agreed. why reformat just delete your personal files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back