TechSpot

HDD memory space Scan

By ABAMOTO
Feb 22, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Has anyone of you used any software utility that scans through your HDD and give you a list of the directories showing how much space they occupy???

One of my workstation has 40 GB, Win XP Home is installed. I stored all my stuff under a folder in C drive. That folder only has 3 GB. But now I am given some insufficient Hard Disk space. When I checked my C Drive last time, I only had less than 5 GB available... What is going on?

If there is an utility that can scan and list the space of each directory/folder, then maybe i can locate some junks and delete them.

Thanks +)
  2. bushwhacker

bushwhacker TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,086

Workstation? it is almost same as computer. you can browse it from My Computer or Windows Explorer. you cannot find any directory under Dos. <security reasons>

Lucan
  3. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 9,431

You may want to use an utility called SequoiaView
  4. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

No need to spend money, rightclick any drive or (sub-)directory, select Properties and it will give you the size of whatever is in that dir + any sub-dirs.
    Also try out the free Treesize or shareware Treesize Pro
    http://freepctech.com/rode/008.shtml
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.