HDD problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have iinstalled a new HDD in my hp pavilion zx5000 and although it works fine whenever the laptop is tilted even slightly the HDD makes a loud whirring noise and windows blue screen shuts the system down to 'protect damage to the computer'. Any suggestions ?

Hey Robert,
did you use the mounting bracket/hardware that was used on the old hard drive? Sometimes, people forget to remove the bracket from the old drive and reinstall it on the new drive. The new drive didn't come with any bracket so they don't think they need anything from the old drive... but you do need to remove any bracket and install it on the new drive

hello T

yes i stripped it down and put it all back as it was with the old HDD. the previous reply fromTEDSTER seems to have done the trick, it appears it wasn't seated properly.thanks for the post.

robert

Need Help:-HDD PROBLEM

Hi I m Garry,

I am facing problem in installing seagate ATA HDD as primary slave.I have samsung primary master (40GB ATA).I did the partiton of new Seagate 80 GB HDD.but after rebbot my system is hanged.I checked CMOS bios setup.Every thig is fine.Once system got boot , but new HDD was not detected but CMOS setup shows the new 80GB HDD.Then i restarted the system,system came up,detected HDD but got hanged in between.Without new HDD,systemworks fine.Pls help me.I didnt format the new HDD & i did the partition with partition magic.My primary HDD has win98 & win xp.I am doing all this on WIN XP.

Hope you people will help me.

Tedster said:
your drive is probably not seated snugly. reseat and retighten the connection.

Secondary HDD Installation problem

I have configured now using Seagate Wizard.
My old Samsung HDD has jumper setting as master.I have removed jumper from new seagate HDD.If SamsunG HDD has 5400 RPM speed & seagate 7200 RPM,does it matter.Can it be the reason of problem,can it cause incompatibility.Now i am using Seagate HDD as secondary Slave with Secondary Master DVD ROM.Its working but still facing problem in between,system gets up & then Hang suddenly.

Use the Seagate 7200 RPM as the primary master and the old Samsung drive as the primary slave. Leave the DVD ROM as the secondary master, as it is now... If your system still hangs after doing this, trash the Samsung

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back