HDD undetected for several times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i have a problem with my hdd. every time i turn on my pc it always says "Searching For Hard Drives". I already change the cable for i have thought that is the problem.. but still the hdd is undetected.. i tried entering BIOS and still undetected.. i tried also changing power connector and still for the third time.. what should i do with this problem?? i really need it for our business..

i remember that i tried to attach it to another pc and it works normally.. but when i tried to apply it on my own pc, the same thing happened.. recently, i heared a weird noise inside of the hdd when it's undetected... what should i do next?

It's not uncommon for a hard drive to work sometimes when it's beginning to fail. Eventually it will quit for good. You could try replacing the hard drive with a new one and reinstall the operating system and the rest of your programs/applications. Put your old hard drive into an external USB enclosure or a simple docking station and try to retrieve your important files.

You could also try the freezer trick if you can't get the hard drive to work. Place the hard drive into a plastic zip lock food bag for protection and place it for a few hours in the freezer. When it's good and frozen, remove it and quickly hook it up. Sometimes this will revive the hard drive long enough to copy your data from it.

You can install the frozen drive back into its original place in the PC or later when you have a docking station. An enclosure can work but it takes longer to put it into an enclosure than just plopping it into a docking station and it will warm up while you're doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back