HDD usage light on desktop?

ViPeRMiMiS

I mean the small light which is on where your HDD is being used on laptops, how this can happen on desktop computers?? Need to buy something special to show it? Also when I replace my laptop HDD to an SSD will that light work with the SSD?

Yes most desktops will have the hdd indicator light. It usually has a small icon of a disc next to it. If the light is there but does not light than more than likely the connector has come off of the main board. There is also software to do this (free).. Just google it.

Yes most desktops will have the hdd indicator light. It usually has a small icon of a disc next to it. If the light is there but does not light than more than likely the connector has come off of the main board. There is also software to do this (free).. Just google it.

thank you very much
I mean when I build my own PC the case will have this light? If it has it I just connect the HDD to the Case and it will automatically light the light right? I know it's mostly useless but why not to know? xD

thank you very much
I mean when I build my own PC the case will have this light? If it has it I just connect the HDD to the Case and it will automatically light the light right? I know it's mostly useless but why not to know? xD

Yes, Yes.. The light does have a function. You can get an idea if your system is accessing your hard drive and how much of a load it carrying

Back