HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpbradley

I Formatted a HD and now I am trying to get Win 2000 to install on a Maxtor 60GB HD and it goes through the first step copying the files and when it says to remove any floppy (there isint any) I leave the 2000 disk in the CD rom drive and when it reboots the computer doesn't do anything just says "Press any key to boot from cd" and it freezes up. Anyone have any idea why it would be doing this? A bad HD??

I guess the first part of the setup reads and sees your partition(s).. Are you using the onboard IDE controller or a PCI IDE card? Make sure your jumpers are correct for the drives, personally I always force the Master/Slave, but in theory CS should work fine. I might consider switching to M/S from CS or from CS to M/S just as something to try. I doubt the cable is messed up because I don't think it would copy all the initial files on a bad cable. Also check your BIOS to make sure you actually have it set to boot from your hard drive after your CD drive. Or maybe even temporarily switch them to make the HD boot before the CD (or completely remove CD from the boot order) since all the files to boot for the rest of the setup should be on the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back