HDMI Connection Troubleshooting

So recently I encountered a problem with my hdmi port on my laptop (hp pavilion g7-1338dx notebook pc, windows 7 64 bit OS). When I connect to my monitor (acer H243H) will say it’s connected under screen resolution on the laptop, however on the monitor it says no signal. Before the recent issue I had no problems hooking the monitor into the PC and using it. The monitor and the cable are fine due to the fact that it works flawlessly when connected to my PS4. Another note about the problem is that a few seconds after the cable is connected the screen goes blank and turns back on under the impression that its connecting to the "projector" and adjusting the image, however when the screen comes on, it goes off again and repeats until I pull out the cable. I've tried to update the drivers however I may have done it incorrectly so ideas on how to fix this problem would be great.

Thank you for anyone that tries to help me and if no one has a solution that’s okay too.

The HDMI port on the laptop may be damaged. Do you see any yellow (!) in the device manager?

Well from what you have described here, the laptops HDMI port must be damaged. Check in the bios for an HDMI port setting. If it is enabled disable it and restart. Go into the bios again and enable the HDMI port and restart. See if doing this helps this condition

Last edited:
Check the video mirroring settings {projector, PC, both} - - typically F4 on HPs

Back