HDMI Problem

andy06shake

I recently purchased an HDMI splitter and connected it to the output of my GFX card(GTX 570) so I could change from my primary monitor to my HD TV simply by pressing a button rather than having to manually swap out the cable every time I wish to play something from my PC on the big screen. Thing is it don't seem to work, when plugged in all I get is a black screen on both the monitor and TV and the LED on the splitter flashes red. Can any one help please?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111057904...&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=54

In my experience, the adapters never really work. I had a splitter, and that caused a few problems with syncing and stuff.

Try using your PC monitor without the adapter, then while it is all running, introduce the adapter and see if that works?

That kind of defeats the purpose of just pressing the button on the HDMI splitter, I will try when I get home through. Thing works like a charm on my TV while splitting/being able to select my 360/tablet. Only seems to be a problem when connected to the output of my GFX card. Shame really as I purchased the thing for this very reason. :(

If you only have 1 hdmi port on the big screen I know why you would want a splitter. Strangely enough. Some cable television providers scramble or mess with the signal so you have to come directly from their box to the tv or it wont work. I tried splitting a friends for the same reason once and everything worked EXCEPT the cable box. They had time warner cable if that helps you any. I would look around online and see if other people have had the issue with your cable company, maybe yours is one that doesn't allow it.

Back