HDMI to DVI... Something is wrong here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

teradost

I have an ASUS EAX 1600Pro video card, running 512MB at GDDR2. My "monitor" is a 32" Sony Bravia LCD TV.

When I first connected the video card to the monitor, it was through the VGA port on the Video card to the VGA port on the TV. Everything was crystal clear, and I could just barely make out the refreshes in still pictures.

Just yesterday, I decided to connect using the DVI-D port on the Video card to the HDMI port on the TV. The picture is very blurry and choppy, on all settings from the lowest at 800/600 to the highest at 1920/1080.

What is the solution here? Am I using the DVI-D to HDMI connector incorrectly?

Thanks

Wow... I never knew so many smart techs trolled this forum *sarcasm*

Look at all these responses! *sarcasm again*

**I felt the need to express my sarcasm twice because I am not sure most people here are smart enough to recognize and understand it on their own**

teradost said:
I have an ASUS EAX 1600Pro video card, running 512MB at GDDR2. My "monitor" is a 32" Sony Bravia LCD TV.

When I first connected the video card to the monitor, it was through the VGA port on the Video card to the VGA port on the TV. Everything was crystal clear, and I could just barely make out the refreshes in still pictures.

Just yesterday, I decided to connect using the DVI-D port on the Video card to the HDMI port on the TV. The picture is very blurry and choppy, on all settings from the lowest at 800/600 to the highest at 1920/1080.

Thanks

That's very strange, usually it's the other way around. The VGA Port usually has less quality (I think anyway). Are you somehow using a dvi-d convertor from the vga cable?

The first connection (the one which worked like a charm) was VGA-to-VGA.

The second connection was DVI-D (Video Card) to HDMI (TV). The DVI-D connector is built into the Video Card, and I am not using any kind of adapters/convertors to complete the connection.

I agree with you when you say that VGA has a lower quality than HDMI, but this is really starting to tick me off. I plan to try out the SVideo-to-SVideo connection next, but I don't know what the video quality on that will be like.

Thank you for all your help

teradost said:

What's the TV's native resolution?

Do ATI's drivers have any DVI adjustment settings?

Do you have any other device you could connect to TV's HDMI port and check the quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back