TechSpot

HDTV, Geforce 6600, and a two inch madden screen, WTF?

By latrell78
Jan 17, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So, I have been experimenting with some new settings on my tv and have had the urge to switch my video output on my GeForce 6600 from S-Video to Component. Now, with several tweaks I can get the desktop to output with component on the 1920x1080i setting (actual resolution after adjustment= 1632x920, 32bit, 60Hz) and the GeForce recognizes it as an HDTV, brand and all. So.... the desktop fits the screen fine (30in wide 16:9), however, when I try to run a video off the hard drive or play any video games, I get a screen that is about 4inx4in. WTF? How do I rectify this problem. Can I get a program or change a setting that will stretch the games and video out? Any suggestions will help immensely. Also let me know if I can provide more info that would help one of you kind souls help me. I also have a DVI to HDMI cable that I have tried. It has roughly the same problem with a little more screen flicker.

My vidcard is PNY GeForce 6600 using component out (4x AGP on MB w/ 2GHz Athlon). TV is Panasonic 30in widescreen HD Tau using component in.

PLZ HELP!!!!! :bounce:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.