HDTV not showing in audio playback list

I run upgraded windows 10 64-bit on HP Envy 17-j050ex with:
i7-4702MQ @ 2.20GHz
16 GB memory
Intel HD Graphics 4600 and NVIDIA GeForce 750M

I installed windows 7 and upgraded it to win10 pro, then I installed all the drivers.

I couldn't get the hdmi to appear in the playback devices list.
I tried checking the (show disabled devices) box.
I tried reinstalling the IDT HD audio CODEC driver and the intel display driver but no results.

One of the audio drivers (High definition audio device) behaves weirdly, the driver is not working even when I tried reinstalling it, it says device can't start code (10).

The HDMI audio device used to appear before I recovered my system.

Please help me I looked everywhere for a solution.

I am sure you need to make the PC->HDtv connection at lease once for the device to show up. The first time connection does the install for the HDtv driver.

Here's what I had to do.
  • Power off the PC
  • connect PC->TV
  • on the TV select the input corresponding to the connection you made. It will show No Signal
now Boot the PC and it will autoconfigure the HDMI Driver

Here's what I had to do.
  • Power off the PC
  • connect PC->TV
  • on the TV select the input corresponding to the connection you made. It will show No Signal
now Boot the PC and it will autoconfigure the HDMI Driver
The hdmi is connected and the display works fine the problem only with the audio

So, right-click on the sound control in the system tray
click on Playback devices, then Playback
set Speakers/headphones as default

Sorry there man; I just reported steps I took to get mine working. best wishes

BTW: there's never a specific device shown as HDTV - - just a third speaker option and only when connected - - set it as default just once.

If you navigate to the playback devices list, right click on any empty space and a menu should appear with two options called "show disabled devices" and "Show Disconnected devices", make sure these care both checked. Let me know of any updates.

Back