Header information of .wmv/.asf-files under Linux

By stahlo
Oct 12, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi

I wanna extract the header information of wmv-files under linux but I didn´t find such a program.

Does anyone know a (commandline)program which extracts headerinformation like playtime, resolution, used codec... ?

My goal is to get this data into a php-script. So I don´t mind if someone has a solution to extract these data directly with php. (I also didn´t find such a php-class which would serve my needs)

Greets and THX4help

Tom
  2. MattG

MattG Newcomer, in training Posts: 147

Im not sure if this program does it..but you might want to check it out.

mplayer for linux.

i can play videos under console and stuff, kinda neat, it MIGHT provide the information you require...other than that, i have no idea =]
  3. stahlo

stahlo Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Hmm... I think mplayer needs an x-server. But I need the info on a system on which no x-server is running. Do you know if mplayer does the information-job without xserver?
    Otherwise I´ll test it out.

THX for help so far :)
  4. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

Mplayer won't do anything without X. Try getID3() instead.
  5. stahlo

stahlo Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Oh yesssss :D

That´s what I was looking for! I searched many php-sites but never came to that.

Many THX :)
  6. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 Newcomer, in training Posts: 6,504

Well done, Mictlantecuhtli :) .
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.