Headphones sound reversed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some help, I recently brought a plantronics headset 510, and it works fine, except that the sound comes out the wrong way. For instance, while I am playing a game, I hear things on the left, but it is really to the right, and the right is to left. I am using an intergrated sound card. This headphone has a soundcard of its own (built in), and there were no CDs or anything that came with them. I have uninstalled my intergrated sound drivers, but nothing changes, I have searched all over the net for answers. But all I have found were speaker topics, and how the solution was the cut the wires and solder them the correct way. But this is not the case with my headphones, it is one solid wire running from the USB to the headphones soundcard, and then to the headphones itself through the left ear. There is no wire for the right. Thank you for all your help.

Are you sure you just don't have the headphones on backwards?

It could simply be that the headphones were wired wrong when being made. I would say either wear them backwards or try to return them and get a new set.

Try searching the internet for drivers for your headset. Although it doesn't require drivers, there may still be some. The updated drivers may install a configuration utility (this is the case with my Altec Lansing AHS 302 USB Headphones) that can help you out.

If you can't find any drivers try using Windows Update when the headphones are plugged in, it may find the updates as well (thats how I found mine).

I found on an old pc of mine I had the same problem, it was the wrong way round at the sound card end. I am sure there is a little utility somewhere that will enable you to swap the channels at a single click. Have you tried the headphones in another device? just to be sure it is the headphones and not the actual sound card? let us know. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back