Headset vs. SoundCard

Status
Not open for further replies.

haseebcash4u

Well Guys I'm back again after a long time with a problem that sucks more than before :). For some reason i think my headset is broken and at the same time i think that my sound card is F'ed up. My problem can best be explained as whenever i talk into my headset i hear myself as if i'm in a hall. Then the volume either drops or increases so randomly. I figure it's with my sound card because if it was my headset i wouldn't be able to hear or speak anyway. So this is where you guys come into play,tell me what my problem can be and tell me how i can fix it.

Drivers or new Card

haseebcash4u said:
Well Guys I'm back again after a long time with a problem that sucks more than before :). For some reason i think my headset is broken and at the same time i think that my sound card is F'ed up. My problem can best be explained as whenever i talk into my headset i hear myself as if i'm in a hall. Then the volume either drops or increases so randomly. I figure it's with my sound card because if it was my headset i wouldn't be able to hear or speak anyway. So this is where you guys come into play,tell me what my problem can be and tell me how i can fix it.

Un-install the drivers for your soundcard, and then install new ones (the latest).

If this doesnt fix it, It sounds like your soundcard is fried. Sound cards don't cost much to replace, so In this instance if the drivers don't work, I'd suggest you another one and save alot of hassle.

Let me know how you go

Test the headphones on a "known working" device. Anything. (a stereo, a walkman, whatever). See if they work. Your soundcard is a different issue. Get your hands on a "known working" speaker set, and test that card using the speakers. It would be too much of a coincidence that 2 things would drop out at the same time.

Oooh i think i created a much bigger problem i installed the wrong driver and it deleted my previous driver and now i dont know where to find a proper realtek ac97 driver.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ignore the above post i figure it's with my headphones not with my sound card

OMG i made the problem much worse only a couple of minutes ago i found out that my headset was giving me the problems because i listened to my i pod and it just sounded horrible. Does this mean that i can rule out my sound card or is it still on trial ?

haseebcash4u said:
OMG i made the problem much worse only a couple of minutes ago i found out that my headset was giving me the problems because i listened to my i pod and it just sounded horrible. Does this mean that i can rule out my sound card or is it still on trial ?

Yes.. Why didn't you do that first if you had an iPod all this time???

Here are the drivers for your card, download and install them and you should be all good

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=23&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Man i got even a bigger problem for some reason now when i try to reinstall the driver, m PC automatically reboots and then i get a damn error saying Microsoft windows has suffered from a fatal error... So anyway to fix this problem... I guess i should just reformat my windows again... But if there's another way to just install the drivers of the sound card i don't really care about the fatal error.

Man...

haseebcash4u said:
Man i got even a bigger problem for some reason now when i try to reinstall the driver, m PC automatically reboots and then i get a damn error saying Microsoft windows has suffered from a fatal error... So anyway to fix this problem... I guess i should just reformat my windows again... But if there's another way to just install the drivers of the sound card i don't really care about the fatal error.

Flammin hell... your not having much luck are you!

Did you make sure you downloaded the right drivers for your soundcard? Are you running windows XP? Installing a soundcard driver shouldn't cause your computer to have a fatal error, it should just cause your card to not work or something (if it did, then it would be the first i've heard of it)

If formatting+re-installing isn't gonna be a big problem for you, then that would be the quickest way with the most likely chance of success.

Another thing you could try (if possible) would be to take the card out and put it in another machine to see if it is an actual PHYSICAL problem.

Let me know how you go, and if it doesn't work, i'll see if I can think of something else/find something else

Gay

Well the sound card doesn't properly install on my other PC as well so most likely imma get a new sound card and install with a new copy of windows.

Oh yeah Thanks sledgus for everything man but in the end i keep on making a bigger problem im going to give me friend my pc thx man for everything

haseebcash4u said:
Oh yeah Thanks sledgus for everything man but in the end i keep on making a bigger problem im going to give me friend my pc thx man for everything

Yeah no worries :) It certainly does sound like your card is stuffed tho.All the best in the future mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back