TechSpot

Heartbleed: Apple says iOS, OSX, and other key web services not affected

1. Apple has confirmed that iOS, OSX, and other "key" web services were not vulnerable to the Heartbleed bug that has affected numerous popular websites. "Apple takes security very seriously. iOS and OS X never incorporated the vulnerable software and key...

Read more

2. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 958   +49

3. Guess it's one win for corporate closed source software vs small team open source software?

I hear that openssl was "open software" or am I wrong?

4. Odd that you don't have a similar headline for Microsoft who were also unaffected.

5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,630   +321

I get what you are implying, but you are letting your emotions get ahead of you on this one.

Couple points here:

I have a Chrome heartbleed extension, it alerted me on Bing.

Apple has an entire ecosystem involving millions of people that have grown accustomed to and rely on the syncing of their devices, so it IS newsworthy that Apple isn't affected simply because not reporting in this case would lead to questions of 'are they affected?'

6. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,446   +324

Agree with @SNGX1275, this is one of those nasty bugs that need positive confirmation of {exposed vs not exposed}

7. R3DL1N3

R3DL1N3 TS Rookie

Sorry nice try.. Bing doesn't support the underlying vulnerability.. I'd not trust that plugin if I were you..
    Check out the post of top 10,000 websites bing.com is listed as "Testing bing.com... no SSL"

8. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,630   +321

Maybe it was a glitch, but I wouldn't have said that if I didn't get alerted on a Bing page, I don't come here to intentionally spread incorrect information.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.