HEAT HEAT HEAT Gateway heat woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameJunkie72792

I have a new gateway notebook with an 1.6ghz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-50 cpu... ive recently checked (10 mins ago) my temps inside this thing and my cpu core temp is running at 160F. an insanely high temp. is there a way to improve cooling in this thing without underclocking (im a overclocker not an underclocker) ive never seen it this hot until now...any help would be great i curently have the computer sitting on a honeywell fan to keep it cool... and im down to 110F yay! but this is no solution :)

Yes, that converts to a bit over 71 degrees Centigrade... and is getting to the edge of its range... You will have earlier failure.
That model simply does not have the cooling system you need with three of four fans to move the air out.
If you have dogs or cats, clean the guts of the case with Dust Off every week... to remove the dust and hair.
But there isn't much help for you. Lower priced laptops never make good gaming machines.

yea thanks, i dont really game on it that much its mostly for my school and programming im seeing idle temps around 41C and dropping sitting on the fan which has now become my desk until i get this thing dusted out... the times when i see the most increase are when im running photoshop cs3 its increased greatly alot more then when i used cs2... and when i use Jbuilder for long periods of time... but ill keep on the dust and if this thing fails im taking full advantage of this service plan it includes heat damage in the plan YAY!

Hello guys, been here for a while now. seen lot's of help tips am hoping to get a master password for my Dell Latitude D620 BIOS. I learn that the shorting method doesnt work for the Latitude D620 but hoping someday will find a way out. please contact me if any at eashimana@yahoo.com

Wish you all goodluck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back