Heat issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeParadoX

My system temp keeps going up, When I boot it's around 28-30c but after a few hours it goes all the way to 40-45c or sometimes 50+

What could be causing this?

I'm assuming that you're leaving it idle and it just goes up?

Maybe your heatsinks are starting to clog up, causing temps to rise slowly, instead of a quick rise to max temp? Doesn't make too much sense for it to just slowly increase by so much...

It's not my processor temp, it's my Videocard temp

It's a x1650xt pro

I heard of higher end videocards having like 50c idle temps like the 8800 but that's because of how big and how much power the videocard needs.

My videocard I got about 2 months ago and it been working fine till about 3 days ago when it just started to go crazy with heat

With videocards, you might not have enoughh airflow around it.

Which makes perfect sense, as you use it, the air around it (which the fan is using the cool the heatink) is getting hotter and hotter. This heat buildup should be gradual (which it is), and should be easily fixed by getting a fan or something to provide more airflow around that area specifically.

If you can have a fan blowing directly into that area, it should lower your temps dramatically.

Also, it doesn't make sense, your profile says you've got a pretty good setup, I'm assuming this is another pc that you're having trouble with? Was just looking for information on the case, to see if you can put a fan near the HDDs, which may help, although it might be too far away to actually move air.

If thats not possible, PCI slot fans may be the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back