Heat question (speedfan pic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Select the Automatic Fan Speed box in Speedfan. It is also showing that no fans are running. Open your case and verify that all fans are running properly

What is "temp.#1" referring to? 127C=260.6F! That has to be some kind of misprint there. Use a different program to get your PC's temps. Try "Everest". Another program is required here. That readout cannot be right. Whichever component that is supposed to be monitoring...would all ready be out of commission. (for sure). Good Luck.

"What is "temp.#1" referring to? 127C=260.6F!"...

There is no indication of any fan RPMs. The computer would long ago be toast if this was correct.

As I said, open the case and verify that all the fans are clean and running properly. Don't depend on any program to tell you this. Evidently this version of Speedfan is not compatible with your motherboard or its bios

I'll be curious to find out if Everest will work for gamerguy53... As usual, we have no clue what his harware consists of

Here is the way I see it:

Temp1: Wrong, ignore it, who knows what its monitoring, but its nothing that is really that hot.
Temp2: Probably your motherboard.
Temp3: CPU
Temp: See #1 replace hot with cold.
Core: May be like Temp. Could be ambient or maybe motherboard, but 19C is pretty cold, really doubt it is your processor because if your processor was running that cold you'd have to have a pretty nice custom cooling setup, and in that case you'd know the temps and which ones to ignore so you wouldn't have asked this question.

Another hit and run post!

Everest tells me that it doesn't support my Cedar Mill Celeron D CPU fully, but I like its detailed reporting

Me too - but I am disappointed that it gets so confused about the GPU values. I think it makes them up as I was pretty certain there is no thermometer on the graphics card.

There may be a thermal diode or other solidstate device under the GPU die, that sends a signal through the cards buss to the motherboard

I wondered about that - but with two PCiE cards why are there not 2 GPU values? Not that I am worried as the system seems stable (famous last words - watch this thing refuse to boot tomorrow!).

Maybe Everest (Lavalys) will update the software to read SLI type 2-Video card values eventually

My Speedfan readings: 1 front fan, 1 CPU fan. The CPU Fan is the lower RPMs

Attachments

• Speedfan.bmp.jpg
    Speedfan.bmp.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 9
to answer two questions:
Temps are in sensor
Missing stuff is because the everest cannot find motherboard data - don't worry as it is probably newer than everest!

Tmagic650 said:
My Speedfan readings: 1 front fan, 1 CPU fan. The CPU Fan is the lower RPMs
Those blade tips are moving at mach 5.5 to 12.5! depending on whether they are 80mm or 120mm and which speed I used. Watch your fingers :D

Tmagic - your fans are running a bit on the fast side, perhaps? 4.5 million rpm will probably have the tips going faster than C - hola! - a space drive!

AlbertLionheart said:
to answer two questions:
Temps are in sensor
Missing stuff is because the everest cannot find motherboard data - don't worry as it is probably newer than everest!

sensor shows up as blank

Try removing and reinstalling everest. If it still refuses to show you any values then I would suspect there is something the matter with the board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back