heat question (speedfan pic)

By gamerguy53
Sep 8, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,677   +153

Select the Automatic Fan Speed box in Speedfan. It is also showing that no fans are running. Open your case and verify that all fans are running properly
  2. pdyckman@comcas

pdyckman@comcas Newcomer, in training Posts: 718

What is "temp.#1" referring to? 127C=260.6F! That has to be some kind of misprint there. Use a different program to get your PC's temps. Try "Everest". Another program is required here. That readout cannot be right. Whichever component that is supposed to be monitoring...would all ready be out of commission. (for sure). Good Luck.
  3. Tmagic650

"What is "temp.#1" referring to? 127C=260.6F!"...

There is no indication of any fan RPMs. The computer would long ago be toast if this was correct.

As I said, open the case and verify that all the fans are clean and running properly. Don't depend on any program to tell you this. Evidently this version of Speedfan is not compatible with your motherboard or its bios
  4. AlbertLionheart

AlbertLionheart TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,711

You could also go to http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html and get a copy of everest home - see what that tells you. But as Tmagic650 says, there is no better way than to take the lid off and have a look at your fans.
  5. Tmagic650

I'll be curious to find out if Everest will work for gamerguy53... As usual, we have no clue what his harware consists of
  6. AlbertLionheart

Everest is just another SpeedFan type of reporting software. There is no reason why it should not work!
  7. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,415   +281

Here is the way I see it:

Temp1: Wrong, ignore it, who knows what its monitoring, but its nothing that is really that hot.
    Temp2: Probably your motherboard.
    Temp3: CPU
    Temp: See #1 replace hot with cold.
    Core: May be like Temp. Could be ambient or maybe motherboard, but 19C is pretty cold, really doubt it is your processor because if your processor was running that cold you'd have to have a pretty nice custom cooling setup, and in that case you'd know the temps and which ones to ignore so you wouldn't have asked this question.
  8. AlbertLionheart

I think he's gone!
  9. Tmagic650

Another hit and run post!

Everest tells me that it doesn't support my Cedar Mill Celeron D CPU fully, but I like its detailed reporting
  10. AlbertLionheart

Me too - but I am disappointed that it gets so confused about the GPU values. I think it makes them up as I was pretty certain there is no thermometer on the graphics card.

11. Tmagic650

There may be a thermal diode or other solidstate device under the GPU die, that sends a signal through the cards buss to the motherboard
  12. AlbertLionheart

I wondered about that - but with two PCiE cards why are there not 2 GPU values? Not that I am worried as the system seems stable (famous last words - watch this thing refuse to boot tomorrow!).
  13. Tmagic650

Maybe Everest (Lavalys) will update the software to read SLI type 2-Video card values eventually
  14. SNGX1275

I must be missing something....
  15. Tmagic650

My Speedfan readings: 1 front fan, 1 CPU fan. The CPU Fan is the lower RPMs

Attached Files:

16. gamerguy53

gamerguy53 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 46

where do u find the temps in everest
    (sory for taking long to post)
  17. gamerguy53

18. AlbertLionheart

to answer two questions:
    Temps are in sensor
    Missing stuff is because the everest cannot find motherboard data - don't worry as it is probably newer than everest!
  19. SNGX1275

Those blade tips are moving at mach 5.5 to 12.5! depending on whether they are 80mm or 120mm and which speed I used. Watch your fingers :D
  20. AlbertLionheart

Tmagic - your fans are running a bit on the fast side, perhaps? 4.5 million rpm will probably have the tips going faster than C - hola! - a space drive!
  21. Tmagic650

Yeah,
    I don't understand the negative temp readings either
  22. gamerguy53

sensor shows up as blank
  23. AlbertLionheart

Try removing and reinstalling everest. If it still refuses to show you any values then I would suspect there is something the matter with the board?
  24. Tmagic650

Here's a look at my Sensor settings

Attached Files:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.