Heatsink Temps for the E6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

n00b

So I am upgrading my current comp. from an AMD X2 3800+, EPOX mobo (one of the nforce4 boards), Corsair XMS 2GB (1gb x2), ATI X800GTO

those are just the parts I'm upgrading now. I'm going to a MSI 650i mobo (I've looked over about 100 different sites saying that 650i is almost exactly the same as a 680i accept it doesn't have the x16 for PCI express running in SLI but i'm not running SLi and it saves me about $130), Intel E6600 C2D, Evga 8800GTX , 2GB Corsair XMS2. I already have a Thermaltake 700W PSU a WD 250GB HDD and its all running in a Antec P180 case with 3 Silverstone Case fans hooked up to a homemade variable fan controller.

Now my question for everyone is this, I have the Zalman 9500 CPU cooler and i like air cooling (the thought of water even distilled running through my comp. freaks me out) now myCPU currently runs about 29C idle and about
40C under full load and i wanna know if anyone has had a better air cooling CPU cooler run better temps then that on the E6600 C2D and what they were and what cooler you used.

Thanks again

your tempertures are fine. I was running my e6300 at 2.4 with those same temps and same heatsink and fan, I think you dont have anythng to worry about. That's actualy good, and also depends on what's the ambient temp of the area its in too, remember there's no way you can get your cpu colder than room temperature just on fans because the fans are taking air from the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back