Hello all can somebody help?

By michoz
Mar 14, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi everyone, this is my first time on this forum so please be gentle!! You guys were recommended to me by a friend (who thinks your all great) you have helped him sort out a problem and I was hoping you could help me too plzzzzzzz.. I have the following Trojan's that are causing me trouble and I have absolutely no idea how to get rid of them. I run AVG free and advast Free on my system but it appears that all these trojan's keep appearing in my AVG. I have generic9.AYHW in my win32 system file, downloader zlob SNV, Download Zlob.Ll, Downloader. Zlob.GDC, Downloader.zlob.SOD, downloader.Zlob.CPH and Exploit.Dowloader some of these keep appearing in my program files....I'm not brill around the computer but know the basics can anyone help me as these Trojan's are causing absolute mayhem....and I don't know what to do....I know it's a lot to ask but any help would be grateful appriecated. Thanks
  2. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Try not to use both brands (AVG and Advast) at the same time. Select one or the other. Be sure AVG Antivirus and AVG Antispyware are both installed.
    Then after running AVG, Immediately shutdown. Run a cold boot to SafeMode by repeatedly pressing the <F8> key once per second after pressing the <ON> button. Now run AVG again in Safe Mode, reboot, and see if the evil doers are still there in normal mode.
    I suspect you will need a more specific paid fix from Nod 32, Bit Defender, or Computer Associates EZArmor, along with Spyware Doctor, or XoftSpySE

There are real experts on this forum than can tell you more.
  3. michoz

michoz Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thanks Raybay will try that and see how it goes!

Cheers Michelle
  4. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Download Smitfraud Fix
    http://siri.urz.free.fr/Fix/SmitfraudFix.exe

Clean:

Reboot your computer in Safe Mode
    (before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually)

Double-click SmitfraudFix.exe

Select 2 and hit Enter to delete infected files.

You will be prompted: Do you want to clean the registry ? answer Y (yes)
    and hit Enter in order to remove the Desktop background and clean registry keys associated with the infection.

The tool will now check if wininet.dll is infected. You may be prompted to replace the infected file (if found): Replace infected file ? answer Y (yes) and hit Enter to restore a clean file.

A reboot may be needed to finish the cleaning process. The report can be found at the root of the system drive, usually at C:\rapport.txt

Optional:

To restore Trusted and Restricted site zone, select 3 and hit Enter.
    You will be prompted: Restore Trusted Zone ? answer Y (yes) and hit Enter to delete trusted zone.
    ----------------------------------------------------

Additional Steps:

(Start -Run)
    sc stop Messenger
    sc config Messenger start= disabled

Restart
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.