Hello all - wireless laptop  troubles

By vhawk
Nov 28, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hello all, i'm a ratherold, totally non -technical chap and not very bright either but i hope someone can help me in due course

i have a new acer laptop and surprise surprise, can't seem to connectwirelessly to my orange livebox with it

ihave the wep code and i have switched the wireless thingy in the acer on

i did once connect to another person's wireless thing but not meaning to do anything dishonest
    but i can't seem to make it conect to my own wireless - source namely the livebox attached to my pc

the acer does show the livebox on the list of available networks - so i assume- i hope rightly- that that means that the wireless receiver bit is working and that the live box is giving out a signal

the acer has what i take to be software called net manager which is, i think, supposed to be able to sort these things

i'm in a muddle mainly because my brain was broken by a stroke but not so badly that i cannot write this- iused to be quite bright before i became a cripple

thanks for reading this badly typed drivel , if you did
  2. Daveskater

Daveskater Banned Posts: 2,031

Hello, vhawk, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
    Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

It's good to meet you and i hope you enjoy it here. Copy your post from "i have a new acer laptop" to the end and post it as a new thread in the Storage and Networking forum, you will find more help there :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.