Hello all - wireless laptop  troubles

By vhawk
Nov 28, 2007
  1. hello all, i'm a ratherold, totally non -technical chap and not very bright either but i hope someone can help me in due course

i have a new acer laptop and surprise surprise, can't seem to connectwirelessly to my orange livebox with it

ihave the wep code and i have switched the wireless thingy in the acer on

i did once connect to another person's wireless thing but not meaning to do anything dishonest
    but i can't seem to make it conect to my own wireless - source namely the livebox attached to my pc

the acer does show the livebox on the list of available networks - so i assume- i hope rightly- that that means that the wireless receiver bit is working and that the live box is giving out a signal

the acer has what i take to be software called net manager which is, i think, supposed to be able to sort these things

i'm in a muddle mainly because my brain was broken by a stroke but not so badly that i cannot write this- iused to be quite bright before i became a cripple

thanks for reading this badly typed drivel , if you did
  2. Daveskater

Daveskater Banned Posts: 1,687

Hello, vhawk, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
    Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

It's good to meet you and i hope you enjoy it here. Copy your post from "i have a new acer laptop" to the end and post it as a new thread in the Storage and Networking forum, you will find more help there :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.