Hello all

By ra1madden
Jul 13, 2009
  1. I am new to TechSpot and hope to have helpful input and receive good input.
    I am a 30 year veteran of the electronics industry and build desktops as a hobby. I am also a photographer of nature subjects. Digital camera of course. I just moved to IL from CA 3 years ago. I did network admin, desktop support, pbx support, and purchasing for desktop systems.
    I hope you all have a wonderful day.
  2. ra1madden

ra1madden TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have never come across this error. I copied and pasted your "C:\program files\second display control\WisAvCtrl.exe" comment in my search box and the results refered to a malware or adware problem. I would make sure my antivirus is upto date and that my windows defender is also upto date. Then run a scan with both of them. They should be able to find and remove the offending party. Then the issue should go away. I do a lot of web surfing and know that there are many proggies that attack and attach themselves to a system that is unprotected. Please turn on your virus protection and anti spyware protection to stop these proggies before the get into your system. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
  3. ra1madden

Your Welcome.

I have heard rumors that there are some adware and malware that is not found by the popular brand name anti-virus proggies. I have both Commodo and Defender running continually, plus I find free scans every once in a while that I run to see if something shows up different. I learned years ago that just because it is a brand name does not guarantee an infallible product. I have also a few times had to do re-installs because of a virus that was just causing havoc. Have a wonderful day.
  4. ra1madden

Some info needed

what operating system is on your computer and what do the dialog boxes say?
  5. syde

syde TS Rookie Posts: 113

you should note that there are actually viruses that target Norton specifically because of its popularity. I'd recommend trying something besides Norton.

many others..there is a list on the forums...somewhere;)...even better they are all free!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.