Hello, cant see bios?

By mattfla1983
Aug 7, 2008
  1. Fresh build q6600 2.4 on a gigabyte ga-p35-s3g with 4gb ocz ram and x1550 ati radeon.......when I boot up and don't try to enter setup or boot sequence life is good and xp is there....when i try to enter setup or boot sequence I get a black screen forever...strange thing is if im in the black screen and press f10 (save changes and exit bios) the computer finishes booting onto xp? anybody got a clue as to why I cant see the bios? it would be kinda neeto if i could..any help greatly appreciated!!
  2. Ididmyc600

Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,415

Sounds a bit strange that you cant see the BIOS screen, why not see if there is a flash available for it either an updated version or the same and reflash it just in case there is a fault with the BIOS.

3. mattfla1983

mattfla1983 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have never done that before, but the gigabyte website says thats a lil risky. is this true or are they just overly cautious? I don't have another computer or money for a new mb so I don't want to chance anything if there is a way around it
  4. larryiam

larryiam TS Rookie Posts: 476

Hello mattfla1983 and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's 2008 updated Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

Do NOT post your Computer Questions/Problems in this Forum

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum.

Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

It's good to meet you and I hope you enjoy it here

P.S. Posting in this forum will heed no help so post in correct forum and someone will gladly help you!
  5. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

4gb ocz ram on Xp ! (hope it's Xp 64 bit, because Xp 32 Bit only sees 3Gb max)

Oh, and welcome to TechSpot :wave:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.