TechSpot

Hello everyone!

By Slux773
Feb 23, 2010
  1. Hey guys my name's Steve. I've been looking for a cool tech forum for quite some time so I'm looking forward to making some new friends and maybe help out a few people with some computer questions. I am a UCLA graduate with a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Animation. I'm currently working for 2K Games in their studio in Northridge, California as a video game tester; I hope to soon put my degree to some use and start designing and animating video games for them. I am a pot smoker, and a proud one. I am a huge marijuana legalization activist because I believe cannabis is capable of providing not only medicinal, but also economic stimulus. I'm a very friendly, helpful, understanding and kind person. I never fight. I never say anything hurtful to anyone else. Well..this has been one hell of an introduction..but I figure if I'm going to introduce myself I might as well pretty much tell you everything there is to know about me, right!? lol

hope to be making some new friends soon. bye now :)

2. Janus

Janus TS Rookie

So this is not in anyway computer related, but any ideas for the whole legaliyation thing here in Germany. Spain, France, and the Netherlands have very loose laws, essentially allowing it, but in Germany it's a whole different story.

Nice meeting ya'
    J

3. Slux773

Slux773 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 32

I'm sorry man, I really don't know much about what's going on over there. I'm having trouble keeping track of it just here in California :p

4. Janus

Janus TS Rookie

Alright.

I used to live in Washington and they got some really great stuff goin on right now, if it gets through that is. They wanna legalize it completely for persons over the age of 21 and sell it at all WA state Liquor stores with a 15% sales tax per gram. They already have medical laws in place - this could be good.

5. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,891   +1,258

You wern't pulling on a doob when you were filling out your sig by any chance- check the other thread you started then get your **** sorted out :cool:

6. Janus

Janus TS Rookie

First, I haven't done that in a long time, and second what do you even mean? I don't have a sig...

7. dividebyzero

Don't sweat it. The comment was aimed at Slux.
    You might notice that his system sig makes no sense.
    Core i7 950 CPU's can't be used on Core i7 Xeon (Intel 5520 chipset) workstation boards like he's describing. Also, the motherboard is dual socket (2 x CPU) and is triple channel EEC RAM only, whereas ol' Slux has managed to populate 4 or the 12 available DIMM (Memory) slots with non-ECC dual channel RAM (which aren't compatible)....my take is that he's either
    a) skinning up too much
    b) Eight years old
    c) Been allowed internet access as a prize in special needs school
    d) Signed up on a dare from the rest of the trailer park
    e) all of the above.

8. Slux773

Lol...alright look man. I don't know if we have met before on this site and we have had some disagreements and that is why you so childishly attacked me like this...but frankly I don't care. If I have offended you in any way you have my apologies. But...the funny part is that I'm using the computer that "makes no sense" to type this message. ha ha

The only thing you said regarding the compatibility of my computer that made even the *SLIGHTEST* amount of sense is the fact that I have claimed dual channel RAM for a mobo that only accepts triple, while my memory is, in fact, triple channel.

I pity you my friend, I pity you :p

9. dividebyzero

Ah, the dead thread resurrector...why?

Steve, it's like this. When someone comes onto these (or any) forums and posts information for people who need help, and posts ill informed garbage that purports to be fact
    i.e. this thread , where you made three statements....of which, all three were incorrect:
    firstly, as pointed out by Dustin, SLI is not possible for AMD graphics.
    secondly, you ignorantly pointed out that 850w is not sufficient for Crossfired HD 5770's, when a simple look at AMD's site would have shown that 600w is AMD's recommended power requirement. Not surprising for some of us since the HD 5770 is a mainstream card.
    thirdly, a 120mm cooler has virtually no effect upon power draw. A 120mm fan typically uses much less than 0.2 amps of current.
    To quote you: Careful what you say on forums like this man, I understand that you are interested in computers and you want to sound knowledgable about them. But people use these forums to help them decide what hardware to buy and how to maintain them, so when you go and say stuff like that, you could be costing people some money, bro

...well, it just looks bad, doesn't it ?

We then move onto the thread from where the quote was taken, where you seemingly have no idea about framerates or game optimization -EVEN THOUGH YOU CLAIM TO BE A GAME TESTER- rofl!

As for your super workstation/desktop hybrid....well thats just say (kindly) that I'm not convinced. Between your past track record on Techspot and known facts, I'd have to say in light of no corroboratory evidence, such as PROOF...i.e. something along the lines of this:
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    then I'd be extremely dubious (again, kindly) of the veracity of your claims.
    I sincerely doubt you'll be posting anything like this screenshot. In fact I'd probably say that your next post will likely constitute a whole raft of reasons why you can't/wont.
    Don't think of it as me calling you out, think of it as enlightening a non-believer.

FWIW: All the apps used in the screenshot are freeware.

10. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,668   +1,871

Roflmao...............

Oh, BTW welcome to Techspot. Where your facts are our fairy tails. :haha:

11. Slux773

Firstly, I concede the point you made about not being able to SLI AMD graphics...however...as you and I both know, it was a simple mistake, I obviously meant Xfire..I, like many others, confuse one with the other. Unless you were truely naive enough to actually think that's what I meant...that was yet another childish attack at me.

Secondly, sure...600W is said to be "recommended". But not only is that for a single card rather than Xfire. But also it is always best to go far above and beyond the recommended properties. EXAMPLE: the system recommendation for World of Warcraft is Intel Pentium III processor, 512 MB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 2 class and 6 GB hard drive space...why don't you go and try to play WoW with the system the game's manufacturer "recommends" you play it on...and get back to me and tell me how that worked out for ya ;)

I do, however, completely concede your point you made regarding the fan's power draw, I was misinformed (or assumed for a long time for no reason) that non-integrated CPU fans draws much more power than they actually do.

And as far as the screenshot of my system properties, I would be more than happy to post one. In fact, it is already uploaded to photobucket. But for some reason the copy / paste code won't work for this forum. I have even gone far enough as to try posting it in C++, PHP and HTML format lol.

12. dividebyzero

Actual quote from AMD's power requirement page that I linked to:
    "450 Watt or greater power supply with one 75W 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors recommended (600 Watt and two 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode)".

So that would be a comprehension fail then.
    btw: Both AMD and nVidia OVER ESTIMATE the power requirement for their cards, based on the simple premise that many people are going to buy some pos psu that might supposedly meet the voltage requirement but most likely will not meet the 12v rail amperage requirement.

This being the equivalent of "My dog ate my internet connection"

13. Slux773

Do you think that proving this point will increase my quality of life at all?

14. captaincranky

Do, Do, Do Lookin' Out My Back Door.....(John Fogerty)

Could somebody save enough to get me high....?

>>>Do you think that proving this point will increase my quality of life at all?<<<

(I copied and pasted that from the post above) It was really easy dude, but wow, what a rush.........

15. Slux773

....what....?

16. captaincranky

These were copied and pasted from other tabs, that's "what". So as the children say in internet speak, "IMHO" copy and paste does work in this forum.

And this:
    (again copied and pasted) is in response to this;
    But, the way you do run on though, makes me suspect meth also.

BTW, in case no one has told you, the 70's are over, and the hippie movement is deceased.

17. Slux773

Firstly, what is your problem? Did I do or say something to offend you?

And I'm not saying that copy / paste doesn't work on this forum...you simpleton...I'm saying that the code format in which my image coder gives me is not compatible with this forum. But in words you will understand: "When I go to photobucket and put my picture in there and then I copy / paste the code thingy they give me here on this forum..all I get is like..totally random numbers and stuff" (wow..my I.Q. is now lower.)

And about the whole 70's hippie movement or whatever..first of all...that was the 60's. Second of all, the movement for the legalization of marijuana is FAR from deceased...in fact, In California there is a proposition in this year's poles for the complete legalization of cannabis to persons over the age of 21.

I don't know who you are and why you are attacking me for no reason...and frankly I don't care.

18. captaincranky

Simpleton, wow dude, that's harsh. I thought you uploaded the image to a gallery, in which case, (or if you had), all that would be necessary is to insert the page link and viola, instant photo. This would negate the need for adventures in hacking. Besides I'm not attacking you, I'm just breaking your b***s a bit. You need to chill a bit, smoking that s*** seems to make you a bit paranoid. Oh, actually the hip movement did extend into the early 70's. At least that's when many finally came down as it were.

19. dividebyzero

Who knows ? Could be your winning ways...

Have you tried using the "insert image" button and adding the image URL. I know it's a longshot, but give it a go

So obviously this quote from your "introduction" is a little overstated then...
    Whoa, stop with all the over-the-top technical jargon!
    At this rate you could be a fully fledged m0ron by the weekend
    Did it pass ? Or did it fail because the potheads got distracted by cartoons on TV on polling day ?

20. captaincranky

It also could have been the flashing lights on the voting machines. Nah, it was too much trouble to get off the sofa and walk to the polling station.

I think our OP's anguish and confusion may be caused by having to go through life in constant pain after being hit in the head with his own surfboard. Hence the need for prescription weed.

21. dividebyzero

POLLING STATION!!!!! No way brah ! How's a dude to know! It's a conspiracy ! You sure you can't vote thru' Xbox live, brah ?

22. captaincranky

Reefer, smeefer, real men take Thorazine and smoke crack....! :rolleyes: :haha: :wave:

23. Slux773

Actually...most of the supporters of the proposition are not pot smokers, rather people that are interested in getting our state out of debt..imagine that. And 64% of Californians say they will vote yes.

And that was hilarious when I read your mocking my "image code thingy" line. Seeing as how I deliberately stated that entire sentence in vocabulary which was obviously simpler than my normal vernacular. And I even stated so before I started the sentence.

I am getting a huge kick out of all your little minions that support you in your ongoing, yet, futile attempts at destroying me. You must be pretty popular on this forum eh? Well...I think it's time I admit something...yeah...you know more about computers than me...BUT...I bet people like me made high school a living hell for people like you :p So that makes me happy.

24. Slux773

That one actually made me laugh...I'll give you that one.

25. Slux773

*Sigh*

Just so you know, this little tussle is between DBZ and I. And I know you are just trying to look cool and increase the size of your e-peen by ganging up with him ..But I assure you...I am taking nothing you say seriously, and every time I see that you have posted a new comment, I laugh inside because I know what your true motives are :p

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.