Hello Everyone!

By Krostael
Aug 21, 2003
  1. Hehe I was searching the net for "whats new" in gaming hardware and I stumbled upon this site, i thought i would climb aboard and say hello.

I just moved in with my girlfriend and had to leave the first computer i built at my parents house,..i was sad to leave it behind, it was my baby! :( The computer my girl has is an eMachines computer she bought at wal-mart! I had brought some old parts i had laying around the house with me to put in it so maybe i could run some games,...when i opened up the tower i found that there was no place to plug my Geforce card into,..there was like nothing, left me scratching my head. Onboard video and sound,..what's a guy supposed to do about that? lol

Its got a 500 MHz celeron,..i thought i would be able to at least play NHL 2002 on it,..but with 4Mb video i cant do anything. LoL this thing lags running Winamp3 alone :) The best part is there was this sticker on the front of it that says "This computer is NEVER OBSOLETE" i took out my razor knife and cut most of the sticker away so now all it says is "OBSOLETE" hahah.

Im gonna try downloading some oldschool nintendo emulators for now, but i know that wont keep me happy for very long. Im going to be builing a new computer that will be dedicated to 3D gaming, as soon as i get some money anyway :D Hopefully you guys will help me out in selecting parts when the time comes. Im not a complete newb,..its just hard to decide sometimes there are so many decisions to make!

I need to play Morrowind soon or my head is going to explode!

2. vassil3427

vassil3427 TS Rookie Posts: 640

I feel your pain:blackeye: ..I hope you can build yourself a new system soon. I'd go mad without my baby:p Glad to see you here though, hope you stay, most people here are very helpful, some are a little crazy but I think you'll grow to love these forums!;)
  3. Krostael

Krostael TS Rookie Topic Starter

I love crazy people,...being normal is no fun at all lol
  4. vassil3427

vassil3427 TS Rookie Posts: 640

I can handle crazy people...just not crazy stupid've had a couple in the last few days..they ended up getting banned:D
  5. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

Welcome Krostael. Sounds like you need to win the lottery to fund that new comp soon. We don't need you going AWOL on us.

We would be happy to answer any questions you might have when the time comes. Also feel free to use the search feature and take a look around at some comments or suggestions people have given about any aspect of the PC you are looking into buying. That might help us help you make a decision when you are more informed about the different aspects.

CYA around ;)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.