TechSpot

Hello from a Linux newbie

By kb6vdo
Nov 10, 2004
  1. Love this board it is a wonderful idea. Now I will give a thumbnail sketch of me.

My name is Jim and I am, relatively, a new Linux user. I have three boxes with several distros running on each: Slackware 9.1; Slackware 10.0; Knoppix 3.4; Knoppix 3.6; Yoper V1; Yoper V2; Mandrake 10. I use Lilo and put all of the necessary images in the boot file of the distro from which Lilo is run, this is the easiest way for me to keep out of trouble.

I have found Linux to be a fun place to be, and nice tools like the midnight commander make it so nice and easy to use or modify. My big learning curve was Lilo, but believe I have mastered it, or sort of, as it works for me.

I am sincerely looking forward to some great experience here. It is time to say thank you to the inventer or inventors of this board. It looks very promising to me, and I am looking forward, hopefully, to making some reasonable contributions to its success.

I have a lot to learn, and hope to make Linux the easiest to use software out there, for my family and friends.

Thank you for being here! :grinthumb

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I look forward to seeing you on these boards.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.