Hello from a new member

By compu_techman
Jul 29, 2007
  1. I just wanted to start out by saying hello to all. I have browsed the site before and got good info so I decided to join up and maybe be able to help with some of my knowledge....
  2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

Welcome from another tech. The moderators will be on soon with good advice.

We hope to learn a lot from you.
  3. gsambo

gsambo TS Rookie

Hie all

Iam Gheft Sambo, my computer has no sound devices Drivers and i can not listen to any music.

Please help me if you can.
  4. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

Did you make any recent changes to hardware or software?
    Do you know what sound devices you are supposed to have?
    First step: got to Start->Settings->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager and scroll down to the bottom to Audio or Sound devices... Look for any yellow or red flags anywhere in the list of devices all the way down that you can open up with a + sign.
    If no red or yellow flags, lets see what is detected by using Everest or Belarc which will inventory your system.
    You can find each by doing a Google Search, or by going to and downloading Belarc Advisor. When downloaded, install it, then click on it, and print out a record of this report on everything in your computer. Then look for Sound or Audio devices... and report to us everything it says about Audio.
    It may be that you need your audio drivers downloaded and replaced, or that you have a more serious problem. Speakers are fragile and fail easily. Sound devices and drivers are not so fragile, but still can burn out if over driven.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.