TechSpot

Hello from a newcommer

By CirTap
Jan 27, 2005
  1. Hi community,

as this forum asks me to introduce myself, here we go:
    I'm more of a software guy working with Windoze since 3.1, networking and such, incl. a computer helpdesk for ~7 years, so I'm pretty good in figuring out "what the problem is behind a question" ;-) -- at least if it comes to software problems. But more on that in profile, which I have not yet completed, so please be patient on that :)

I *hate* building and configuring PCs -- I really do, and I guess I'll never make it. I know the rudiments as far as I can identify a mobo from a PSU ;) but as soon as it comes to trouble ...

And this is why I'm here: I do have serious PC trouble now with a new machine, and I hope you talents are able to help me with this, as I'll try to help you with your software probs or give you some hints.

Oh, and english is not my native language so if you find any errors in my grammar or spelling: keep them ...

Have fun!
    CirTap

2. Blakhart

Blakhart TS Rookie Posts: 353

Greetings from a native English speaker.
    Your English will be better than mine, I'm certain...

3. Vigilante

Vigilante TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,666

Well sir, you said "Windoze" instead of "Windows" :)

So then what is you "serious PC trouble" so we can help?

I am the opposite of you, I enjoy all the hardware stuff and don't care for finding software problems. Though I have to in my job. I'm fairly new here myself, but this forum has been real good. Enjoy your stay!

4. CirTap

CirTap TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 18

thanks for your welcome :)

Well, Windoze was on purpose - 'cos that's what the person behind the keyboard will do sooner or later: wait for the OS to re-act and response to the user input <snore> ;) M$ will always make sure, that whatever macine you have, it'll be too small, too slow, too anything to even see the Desktop in a reasonable amount of time ... well, <sigh>, I'm stuck to it, so what ...

I posted my trouble in the "DAW and recording" forum (you'll find the posting via my profile if you care reading it) and I already received some valuable sounding feedback! - haven't done yet what they propose, but they're confirming other resources I ran into, and to my humble understanding of the subject it kinda makes sense - even to a hardware DAU like me :)

Have fun,
    CirTap

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.