Hello from a transpant to Russia

By stanj
Aug 9, 2005
  1. Hello
    I have had a week of hell with my Windows XP SP2 upgrade that took a perfectly funtional computer and rendered it useless to me. I tried many "solutions" and scoured the web for similar problems, the last one being limited to a few seconds of data exchange with any web or email connections before needing to reset the modem, wireless or ethernet connection to my DSL. No one else seemed to have this same problem that I could find. Tech Support from Microsoft was not familiar with it either
    I cursed Mr. Gates severely but in the end, I just started reading this forum. Read lots of post that had nothing to do with my problem but a pattern developed in the diagnostic processes offered by some of the veterans on the forum. After Microsoft gave up and our tech support gave up (both saying to buy a new computer!) the insights I gleened from this forum made tracking down the problem a logical and somewhat less mysterious process. Works fine now. It was not Microsoft's problem afterall, it was a file left over from a virus infection that had been cleaned some time ago and left a file in the OS core that had the same name and file size value as the original file it replaced.
    All I can say is THANK You for all the very bright people on this forum who give a lot of time to solving other peoples problems.

Here in St Petersburg Russia, a center of advanced programming activity, I did not find anyone who could help as much as free advice that is given here everyday.
    Thank you
    St Petersburg/San Francisco
  2. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,512

It is good to see that we were of help!

Hope you'll stick around and share your wisdom with us :)

:wave: Hello & Welcome to TechSpot :wave:
  3. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

Nice to hear we are appreciated.
    Welcome to the club!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.