TechSpot

Hello from Alaska

By AKZombie
Aug 18, 2005
  1. I stumbled on this site after googling a problem. Can't believe such a thing exists without charging a fee of some sort. You guys should sell t-shirts (perhaps you do). I was impressed by the non-snotty responses people get to their questions. I work for a non-profit, and as we don't have funds for a FT IT person, it often falls to me to fix computer problems, so resources like this are fabulous.

2. Mikael

Mikael TS Rookie Posts: 277

Hello and welcome to TechSpot, AKZombie! We should sell t-shirts? Hmm... :)

What problem did you google for? (It is always nice to hear that people find answers to problems that they were having.)

3. AKZombie

AKZombie TS Rookie Topic Starter

The computers in my office had Norton Internet Security 2005 installed on them, and then this weekend I installed Office 2003. That's when things got yucky. Outlook 2003 and NIS seemed to be involved in a stand-off. The first problem was with the connection timing out before Norton got done scanning outgoing e-mails. I turned off the out-going scan function, and now the problem seems to be with Outlook itself. It takes me two or three tries to get an e-mail to go. I posted my further travails in the Software forum. I'm pulling out my hair at this point.

And yes, you should definitely sell t-shirts. Works for TWoP.com!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.