TechSpot

Hello from Beautiful Western Lower MI

By rcwillsjr
Aug 26, 2007
  1. ....at least today it is. :)

I found this site quite a while ago to find out about error messages on my Dell P4 1.7 PC (Win XP) during shut down. Both were solved by searching a couple of forums.

I found specific directions and was very happy with the results. I did wonder who paid for all this. I finally read the "how to post" - and discovered it's all volunteer. How cool is that!

I'm on my 6th PC since my first purchase of a high speed 486dx2/66 in 1991, with a 9.6k modem! I consider myself reasonably literate when it comes to my computer, but have become more and more disenchanted by all the unidentifiable "stuff" running on my computer.

I got here because my main 20Gb hard drive crashed several weeks back. Plenty of warnings happened before it did - but did I do anything about it?? Heck no!

Back-up? I'll do it tomorrow.

Well, tomorrow got here before I did. Fortunately, it wasn't a total loss. I was able to recover almost all of "My Documents", music, and picture files with one of those USB cases for an external hard drive, borrowed from a co-worker, and my office laptop.

Maybe someone will create a back-up because of my note, maybe not.

Today, I'm at the Outlook and IE recovery point - how frustrating! Will be searching other forums for suggestions.

Thanks for the space to "vent", and all the volunteers to keep this going!

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

3. God Of Mana

God Of Mana TechSpot Paladin Posts: 493

:wave: Welcome to TechSpot :wave:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.