Hello from Central FL

By Bikenriden
Apr 24, 2005
  1. I found TechSpot tonight while trying to get some possible causes for a boot problem I'm having. It's nice to see such an active community here.

I've been using computers for years, and have done some upgrades to my systems in the past, and have built one system from scratch. I have studied PC's informally off and on, and will be taking my first formal PC training at college this summer, 2 classes, hardware and software, that map the A+ objectives. Everytime I feel that I'm making headway, something else comes along to humble me. Tonight I set up my in-laws system with some more RAM, and added a 1394 card so they could run DV from their new camera. I then pulled out the system that I built, but haven't used in about a year, and it won't boot. How's that for a kick in the pants.

Anyway, I've learned that the more I learn, the less I know in relationship to what's out there, and that I learn at a much slower rate than technology expands. So other than feeling overwhelmed most of the time, I'm enjoying my journey. :giddy:

So thanks for your time, and feel free to check out my post in CPU's, Chipsets and Mobos. I found an older thread that addressed my issue somewhat titled 8RDA and FF Code, and revived it. Maybe someone will have some ideas for me to consider. I'll be heading back over to look at it in the morning armed with my copy of Mueller's Upgrading and Repairing PC's.

See you around...
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  3. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,343   +6

Welcome to TechSpot. If you live in Central Florida, you must live near one of my favorite vacation destinations, Disney World and Universal Studios near Orlando.
  4. Bikenriden

Bikenriden TS Rookie Topic Starter

I'm all of about 30 minutes from there.
  5. isatippy

isatippy TS Rookie Posts: 497

Hello and Welcome :wave: :wave:
  6. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,343   +6

Bikenriden, if I lived that close to all the parks, I'd have a season pass to every park and be living on all the roller coasters in the area. You never get to old for that stuff and I love'em.
  7. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 5,734   +7

Hi, pleased to meet you.
  8. Bikenriden

Bikenriden TS Rookie Topic Starter

We have season passes to the Kennedy Space Center, and Cypress Gardens. I might forgo the KSC passes next year and get Disney instead. There's definitely plenty to do here. :approve:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.