Hello from Charles

By Charles Hammond
Oct 22, 2003
  1. I am a professed computer junkie. I work as a COBOL Programmer on an IBM Mainframe at a community college. I build my own computers from parts I purchase on the Internet so I have run into a lot of the same problems you may be having at one point or another. In some instances building computers can save you some money, but mostly it is just a matter of preference and choice of individual parts.

I am a family man that worked in a factory and was laid off; so, I went back to school at the age of 37 and earned an Associates Degree in Computer Informations Systems (CIS). I go to school at night to earn my Bachelor's Degree which I will finish some day in the not too distant future.

My first computer was a Tandy 1000A. I use to build my own user screens in DOS. Things were simpler back then and the Internet was something most people wouldnt have dreamed of.

Like I said I am a family man and I live in a Nuclear family Unit. You guessed it! Straight White male married only once and I now have 1 child in College. I built his computer too. My daughter will graduate this year from High School and hopefully go to college some where. Since I work for a community college I am going to try to convince her to go to college her for about 2 years for little or nothing where she can earn credits to transfer to some other college or university.
  2. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,977   +15

Wow Charles - You have all going pretty well :)

:wave: Welcome To Techspot! :wave:
  3. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 5,734   +7

Me too. And a pusher as well. ;) pleased to meet you Charles.
  4. wicka_wicka

wicka_wicka Banned Posts: 125

Thanks for your life story...welcome.
  5. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

It's nice to have you aboard Charles Hammond. I hope you enjoy your time spent here at TechSpot.
  6. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,587   +278

COBOL.... eeeeeeew.
    I haven't looked at that since university.
    Is there still a lot of work in that area? I was hoping it had died completely by now :D

Welcome to TechSpot, Hope you find the site to be as useful and informative as I have :wave:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.