TechSpot

Hello from Colorado!

By CONoobie
Aug 3, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. I joined to try and learn more about my computers since I am a complete computer N00B! I have a couple older (5 to 8 years old) computers that probably should be replaced ASAP, as soon as I get the funds... Would like to get a much nicer computer, so I can at least try the Starcraft 2 game I bought, and have yet to play since the computers I have do not meet the requirements to run it :p

Have played EQ, DAoC, Starcraft, Warcraft 2 and 3, the original Doom in the past. Also like to mountain bike, ski, golf, play volleyball and hike when I can get out and about. I have a LOT to learn, and hope to get some knowledge from you all. Thanks.

2. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 1,835

Welcome to TS! :wave:

I see you've already inquired about putting a new computer together, or at least buying a new machine. We can help you with that. All we really need to help is your projected budget and computing style to begin recommendations. In the mean time, why not read up on your basics like processors, memory and video cards, since you're new in all. One thing to keep in mind is, you don't need an expensive setup to run the latest games. Today's computers are plenty affordable and there are plenty of options for gamers and general purpose users alike, so don't get caught up in thinking you need the most expensive and newest tech.

If you have any questions about the site itself, please consult the Community FAQ section. Enjoy your stay! :)