TechSpot

Hello from me to you

By lisette
Aug 3, 2005
  1. Hi everybody.

I am totally new. I just bought a webcam and was having a problem today so I came looking for a place where I might find out how to fix it. Then I got smart and rebooted and the problem was fixed. :bounce:

It must have taken me 12 tries to get in here before I realized I was only getting half of your screen so I was missing some of the magic letter/numbers. Does anyone know why I am getting only half of the screen here? It is very frustrating to have to scroll back and forth to see what I need to see.

lisette

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello lisette and welcome to Techspot.

Are you running a screen resolution of 800x600?

If so, try increasing your screen resolution to something like 1024x768.

You can do this by right clicking anywhere on a blank part of your desktop and selecting properties, and then the settings tab. You can alter the resolution by dragging the slider at the bottom of the panel. Once you have set it click apply/ok

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

3. lisette

lisette TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thank you Howard

Undoubtedly you are right. Unfortunately I cannot read anything at that resolution so I will just go for not using the product. I did try that resolution once. I would rather be able to read what is on my computer. Thank you so much for your quick response. :wave:

4. Blakhart

Blakhart TS Rookie Posts: 353

If you increase the size of fonts in your browser's options you will be able to run 10x7 and still read.

:D

5. lisette

lisette TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hi Blakhart

Would you please kindly tell me where to find the fonts in my Internet Express browser. I have 2000XP Outlook Express. I can't even find font with the bigger print. :confused:

I can find font under View but that changes only web pages. I can find font under IE Tools, Options but it is under history and doesn't have size, just style.

lisette

6. Blakhart

Blakhart TS Rookie Posts: 353

If you go to outlook options/read/fonts and select the font size you want, there you go. Not too hard to get to, just gatta try the font sizes till you get it the way you want.
    In Explorer you can set font size for webpages in view, just as you stated.

:cool:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.