TechSpot

Hello from Orlando Florida...

By tomushko
Oct 21, 2004
  1. I'm trying to find out if there is a way to copy a table from one database to another using phpMyAdmin...

I have a phpBB2 forum and I recently installed IntegraMOD using a new database... Problem is, we have 30,000 posts on the old forum we hate to lose and I am not at all familiar with databases...

Is there a way to copy tables (the ones that contain the post text) to the new database???

2. Technel

Technel TS Rookie Posts: 24

Hello, welcome to the forums (I am quite new myself)!

This forum is meant for people to introduce themselves, not to ask their questions. :) This is more of a computer forum versus a webmaster forum, so I would suggest you visit a different website for webmaster problems, like SitePoint or DevShed. If you have a problem specific to a script, please use that website's forum. So for IntegraMod support, use their forums for example.

However, I think I may be able to help (even though this is not the appropriate place). Visit this knowledge base article. Be sure to go in phpMyAdmin and export all tables as a file and backup your forum files in case anything goes wrong in the process (as told in step 1 of the article).

Good luck.

3. tomushko

tomushko TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks...

I didn't see anywhere to ask the question...

I'll give it a shot...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.